Are you an energetic and dependable employee that takes pride in your craft? Are you able to perform your job with little oversite? Can you troubleshoot machine issues and see them through to closure? Would you like to be part of a dynamic and growing aerospace manufacturing business? Essner Manufacturing is looking for a qualified Set-Up Machinist to perform set ups on across a variety of machine tools.
Essner is seeking a skilled Machinist to perform set-ups on multiple CNC machines. The ideal team member will have proven experience as a Machinist with a track record of being able to set-up multiple CNC machines.
If this is an accurate description of who you are, please complete our short survey at the following link: https://www.cindexinc.com/c/0D55BA (if this does not describe you, please do not apply – this role is not a good fit)
Essner Manufacturing is a growing company based in Ft. Worth, TX supplying precision CNC machined and sheet metal components as well as complex sub-assemblies to the aerospace and defense industries. We offer competitive benefits, 401K, PTO, flexible holiday policy and education reimbursement.
- Help oversee the execution of the daily Machining Schedule as directed by the Operations Manager.
- Assists in setting up jobs on all parts to a high degree of accuracy and dependability.
- Perform production Machinist roles as necessary.
- Maintain dimensional accuracy during the machining process by using precision measuring instruments.
- Mount, install, align, and secure tools, attachments, fixtures and work pieces on machines, using hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Adjust machine feeds and speeds, change cutting tools, or adjust machine controls as necessary.
- Possess a firm knowledge of G and M code programming, and the ability to read/write basic programs.
- Understand GD&T and how it relates to machine setup.
- Exhibit an advanced knowledge of tooling and fixturing.
- Insert basic edits into programming for tool changes, coolant codes, etc. when needed.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality controls, costs and other techniques associated with proper machining principles.
- Demonstrate good decision-making ability, and excel in a team environment.
- Possess a strong work ethic with the ability to produce high quality work with very little supervision.
- Management of the tooling and fixture inventory.
- Support in the initiative to standardize tooling, fixtures, and set up sheets.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Machinist.
- Experience with 3, 4 and 5 axis mills.
- Experience with Mazak, Fadal, Okuma, and Haas controllers.
- 7 years of experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- 5 years of experience as a Machinist.
- Technical degree.
- Experience with setting up and working with an Okuma FMS system.
- Understanding of multiple work holding concepts and fixtures.
- Understanding of sheet metal machining of various material types. (Titanium, Aluminum, Inconel)